Due to continued growth, our client is seeking an experienced Industrial Sewing Machinist to join their dedicated team working on the fabric items (e.g. cushions; pads; upholstery; safety straps and harnesses; wedges, rolls & mats) within our unique, innovative product range.
The successful candidate will have experience using industrial sewing machinery, have great hand-eye coordination with experience of measuring, marking and cutting fabrics using a template, ability to follow instructions, be dexterous and able to handle heavy fabrics, and produce quality work on time to meet and exceed our customers' expectations.
You will be a conscientious and hardworking individual, able to work well as part of a small team where everybody's contribution is essential to our success. Knowledge & previous experience of sewing in an industrial environment is essential for this role.
- Make components using the appropriate fabrics from standard templates/patterns and instructions from drawings, including making first-off pieces.
- Measure & mark out fabric; cut patterns/templates from drawing prints and when required use templates to cut fabric pieces prior to sewing.
- Working with upholstery stapling: gluing foam to wood; covering with fabric; working with heavy fabrics Monitor imperfections in material or threads or mistakes in patterns or instructions, referring them to the Lead Operative / Supervisor for resolution.
- Simple maintenance of sewing machines - changing needles etc. Handle materials, goods and components carefully and comply with safety regulations and quality standards
- You will have previous experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment including sewing, measuring, marking & cutting fabrics. You will be comfortable working to instructions (verbal & written).
- You are enthusiastic about what you do, have a positive can do attitude with adaptability and resilience when under pressure.
- You have a great eye for detail and take pride in producing quality work in a timely manner. A friendly and co-operative team member, who is diligent, conscientious & trustworthy.
Monday to Thursday 7:00am - 4:00pm; Friday 7:00am - 1:00pm
£9.32ph for first twelve weeks, £9.52 after passing probation
Our client provides an environment where their team members play an active part in the growth of their business. They offer a challenging but supportive environment where talented people can really grow and be proud of their contribution to the important work that they do.
Our client are proud to have a people-focused culture. Charity and social activities play an active part in our working lives and we are proud to be a responsible corporate citizen.
If you are an experienced Industrial Sewing Machinist looking for a fantastic new opportunity with an ever-growing company, please APPLY NOW to be considered.