The Role is to support NPI and Continuous improvement activities at the manufacturing site. This requires the creation of CAD/CAM programs and configuration control of production programs for the turning section.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures (Cardinal rules for Safety and Quality, Code of Conduct)
- Compliance to customer product requirements and process controls related to standards and specifications to define inspection drawings/requirements
- Work closely with the Engineering and production teams to ensure that CAD / CAM Programs are utilising shop floor best practises
- Maintain and develop best practises with lessons learnt and update the Engineering Manual
- Assist in the investigation of root cause for non-conforming product and the implementation of corrective and preventive action for NPI first offs and production runs
- Provide support to shop floor to resolve queries or issues in achieving capable processes or supporting process improvements
- Take ownership of the control and management of the programs for the Turning Cell
- Optimisation of the closed loop system for the robot cell
Knowledge and Skills:
- Drawing GD+T Knowledge
- Work with 2D and 3D Cad packages (Must be efficient in Catia and Unigraphics)
- Working knowledge of turning CAM package i.e. Mazatrol Fanuc
- Online and off line Programming
- Up to date knowledge of best practices for the latest Cutting Technologies
- Support measurement systems assessments.
- Aberlink in-line inspection software
- Assist Engineering compliance to procedures via awareness and training
- Support new bid activities and support NPI with new or addition acquisition of capability
- Support new bid activities
- Support NPI with new or addition acquisition of capability
- Support change control and contract review processes
- Identifying risks and opportunities in every aspect of the business
Qualifications, skills, attributes, experience required:
- Previous experience in a similar position within an engineering environment
- Minimum of an engineering apprenticeship preferably backed up with an ONC/HNC
- Practical experience of at least one of the following disciplines Sheet Metal Work, Machining, Fitting, Assembly, Welding, Metal Treatments and CMM
- Catia, Mazatrol and Fancu would be an advantage
- Well motivated with ability to work to exacting targets within a team, and a structured approach to problem solving and continual improvement and the ability to motivate, delegate and support staff.
- The successful candidate will need to have the enthusiasm and attitude to realise implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standards & processes including lean production
- Experience in project planning and implementation