Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Shifts: Days regular
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Metalis are working with a company based in Rotherham who design, manufacture and install a range of solutions for heavy engineering industries. They are on the look out to expand their design team by hiring for permanent Design Engineers. Ideally someone with experience and skills in heavy steel mechanical design.
- Using CAD software and other engineering tools, design and develop heavy steel structures, equipment and machinery for industrial applications.
- Understanding the project from cradle to grave, by liasing with different teams to understand requirements and conducting feasibility studies and structural analysis.
- Optimise designs for cost-effectiveness, efficiency, and manufacturability while maintaining high quality standards.
- Work closely with manufacturing teams to provide technical support as and when needed.
- Understand and follow industry standards and safety regulations, performing test and validation of prototypes and final products to ensure they meet standards.
- Lead by example with junior engineers.
- Strong understanding of mechanical design specifically within heavy steel structures, machinery or equipment.
- Proficient in CAD and other engineering tools.
- Familiarity with industry standards.
- Experience in project management and the ability to meet deadlines.
If this is something that would be suitable, please call Maisie on 0114 349 2305.