Starting rate is £9.73 p/h which improves with competence
Temp-Permanent, with long term and stable employment
Our client is currently looking to hire a reliable production operative to work in their finishing department, you will be responsible for a variety of engineering duties.
You will be working on a 2-week rotation shift designed to give a good work life balance.
- 2 weeks of Days: 6.00am until 2.00 pm (Monday to Thursday and Early finish at 1.00pm)
- 2 weeks of Afternoons: 1.00 pm until 9.30pm (Monday to Thursday with Fridays off)
- This is a physical job, working days and afternoon shifts in a production environment
- The job includes operating manual machinery to produce various sized precision components
- You will be referring to technical drawings
- Loading and unloading duties
- Ensuring self-inspection of parts using gauges and other measuring tools.
- The job also covers - basic maintenance of the machine, from clearing the machine of debris and ensuring the machine is fit to use
- Use of screw drivers and other basic tools
- Manual carrying and use of manual push trolley
- Carrying out other manual jobs within the factory
- Working effectively as part of a team, keeping the work area very clean and tidy
- Following the organisational procedures within the company is an essential part of this role.
- Whilst full training will be given, we require you to already be comfortable working in an engineering environment
- The individual must have confidence with basic hand tools and being around machinery
- A keen eye for detail is required
- Good time keeping, and reliable attendance is also required