Metalis are working with a well established company who specialise in man made ground and structural reinforcement solutions. Based just outside of Huddersfield, they are looking for a permanent maintenance engineer to join their factory to maintain the portfolio of equipment installed and operated to ensure that machine up time criteria are met.
To assist the maintenance of all aspects of the company facilities and office environment and to help build and install new manufacturing equipment as directed.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of site mechanical and electrical installations and equipment.
- To ensure that all equipment and installations are repaired / maintained in a manner to meet current legal requirements.
- To assist in the building and modification of electrical / mechanical equipment in conjunction with other site engineering staff.
- Assist in a proactive manner in the preventative maintenance schedules for the factory machinery and equipment including fork lift trucks, in conjunction with machine operators and factory management.
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to working practices and manufacturing processes in conjunction with the lean manufacturing teams.
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with machine breakdowns, managing and reducing all aspects of machine downtime caused by electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
- Accurately completing prescribed safety checks on machinery and equipment.
- Providing reasonable breakdown cover outside normal hours.
- Dealing with existing suppliers and ordering spare parts as required.
- Maintaining certain aspects of the buildings and offices.
- Undertaking and completing project work of a mechanical / electrical / fabrication nature.
- Help to maintain computer based information relating to machine performance and maintenance schedules.
- Develop and maintain standards in the engineering department including task and area risk assessments and 5S auditing.
- Salary negotiable dependant on skills and experience
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holiday
- 44 hours per week
- Call out rate