Job Role: Mechanical Pipefitter
Shift: Days early Friday Finish
Tenure: 12 weeks temporary to permanent
Salary: £12 - 15ph
Metalis is working in partnership with a specialist engineering company involved in the design and installation of some of the largest piping systems in blue chips companies, both in the UK and Europe.
We are actively recruiting for a Mechanical Pipefitter to join an expanding team in Chesterfield.
Duties of the Mechanical Pipefitter:
- Inspecting the workplace, clearing obstructions and preparing materials and equipment.
- Studying blueprints and planning pipe systems and related equipment installations.
- Using a variety of tools to modify pipes to specifications.
- Measuring and marking pipes for cutting and threading.
- Assembling and welding pipe components and systems.
- Securing pipes to walls and fixtures with brackets, clamps, and welding equipment.
- Ordering required materials such as pipes, hangars, brackets, hydraulic cylinders, etc.
- Repairing and maintaining pipe systems, supports, and related equipment.
- Clearing pipe systems of obstructions and testing their functionality.
- Complying with relevant codes and regulatory standards.
Experience of the Mechanical Pipefitter:
- Relevant qualifications in pipe fitting, engineering, assembly etc.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within a pipe fitting role
- Capable of problem solving, site repairs and installations at customer sites.
- Bespoke machinery & industrial experience
- CCNSG Safety Passports
- IPAF Power Access Licenses
- CITB Health & Safety Pipework
- £12 - 15ph dependant on experience.
- Permanent after 12 weeks
- Training & development opportunities