Our client are an engineering turn-key company who design a variety of macinery and technology. At any one point the company can be working on 30-50 live projects which include installations, commissioning and servicing.
Due to company growth and delivery plans, they are now seeking a Production Planner to join the team and take full control of the assembly and fitting department. At present they do not work from an MRP/ ERP system however this is something that they may wish to implement in the foreseeable future.
The role will be quite hands on and you will be based on the shop floor alongside the office team.
- Production Planning for the fitting and assembly engineering departments
- Forecasting of timescales for customers
- Liaising with shipping and logistic companies
- Ensuring the dispatch area is organised and matches up to route cards for correct deliveries
- Issuing and planning production routes as methodical as possible
- Identifying manufacturing bottle necks and liaising with management to overcome any difficulties
- Identifying where additional labour and overtime needs issuing
- Implementing continuous improvement activities and methods to aid delivery
- Communicating with suppliers to maintain deliveries as well as updating customers regarding issues and deliveries
- Assisting the technical team and production managers regarding re-work and corrective actions
- Liaising with appropriate support functions to resolve issues and Production stops.
- Experience production planning within an engineering and manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to reduce costs and increase production activity through CI techniques
- Good problem Solving skills and experience rectifying manufacturing build problems where appropriate
- Good communication skills (verbally and written) with management and clients
If you think that you have the right background for this role then please apply with your CV Today. A consultant will be in touch with all shortlised candidates to discuss the company, job role and your employment situation before progressing to interview.