Job Role: Design Engineer
Salary: £30000-£40000 DOE
Are you a mechanical design engineer looking for a new opportunity?
Are you wanting to join a well-established, profitable manufacturing company?
Metalis is working in partnership with a well-established manufacturing company in Sheffield who due to continuous growth are looking to hire a skilled Design Engineer.
- Developing design solutions for current mechanical projects, from feasibility through to production.
- Preparing detailed drawings and Bill of Materials, maintaining technical files and documentation.
- Analysing structures and mechanisms.
- Ensuring that all designs comply with current legislation and Company standards.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Liaising with project manager to ensure the projects are delivered to technical requirements and to required timescales
- Producing O&M manuals
- Site surveys
- Carrying out SAT's and FAT's
- Liaising with production and providing technical support
- Attending project, design review and site meetings
- Managing the external electrical/software design companies
- Writing technical specs for suppliers
- Experience in Rail industry is advantageous
- Previous experience as a design engineer
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
If you feel that you have the right background for the opportunity, then please apply with your CV. Any successful applicants will be contacted by a member of our recruitment team to run over the company and vacancy in greater detail.